As a 14 year old, I dislike a lot of things and a lot of things get on my nerves. Here is my Top Fifteen Pet Peeves.
- When people read your text message and don’t respond- UM excuse me, I know you’re on your phone, why aren’t you texting me back? At least say you’re busy, and you can’t talk at the time.
- When people take metaphors, jokes, sarcasm, seriously- Once in science class, my teacher put up a comic. This one kid in my class said, “um that can’t happen”. It is just a joke, calm down.
- Favoritism- When people get favored, um if your teacher bakes you a cake for your birthday, and brings it to your house, you need to chill.
- When people chew gum so loud you can hear them from a mile away- maybe I am over exaggerating but people don’t need to chew their gum so loud the whole class hears them.
- When people lurk over your shoulder- You do not need to be looking over my shoulder to see my conversations, or what I am doing, mind your own business.
- When people don’t move in the hallway- Listen, people want to get to class, unlike you apparently, so move.
- When you’re talking on the phone, and the other person makes it into a game of 20 questions- You do not need to know every single thing that is going on in my life.
- When your mom turns a quick chat to an hour long conversations- Yes mom, I realize you want to catch up with someone, but that doesn’t mean figure out what they had to eat for dinner the night before.
- When people insult you and say “no offense”- Okay, that no offense really helped, it’s not even an insult now.
- Nail Biting- There is food for a reason.
- People who don’t flush the toilet after using the restroom- I do not want to see your body crap, please flush the toilet.
- Slow Drivers- I realize I am too young to drive but, I still need to get places, and it is really annoying when you drive slow.
- When people say “they saved my spot”- Okay, NO, I spent my time waiting in line when you are not there, and you expect me to think that is okay, no no no.
- Know it-alls- Listen, I don’t need to know when my phone was created, I just use it.
- Rude check out workers- Look, I am sorry you have to work here, but I need some stuff to survive, just let me buy my stuff without a fuss.
That’s my Top Fifteen Pet Peeves!